Friday, March 7, 2008

Garden


I did this oil painting about a year ago for a garden tour. It's called 'Nina's Garden' and is where I was painting during the tour. I had been a little apprehensive about doing that- but it was nice- the day was beautiful, the visitors were friendly and happy and the garden was magical. I wanted to submit new pieces to Illustration Friday, but this piece fit the word 'garden' too well for me-bringing back all the memories of that really beautiful place- so here it is.

6 comments:

studio lolo said...

Very nice! I like the blue-greens of the background.

Kathleen Rietz said...

So pretty! Your technique is nice and dappled and the colors are so fresh.

Willie Baronet said...

Jan, very lovely!!

marikodzi said...

beautiful painting!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful composition and the colors are superb! It definitely fits for this week!

www.indigeneartforms.blogspot.com

Constance McLennan said...

Love your concepts and the painterly feel of your digital work--but this is still my favorite. :)