Sunday, March 14, 2010

Subterranean


This is a quicky sketch- maybe more refined later. I just had to get the image in - because...we are having the gophers in the yard and where their subterranean activities come to the surface they are really really more than annoying! However... when looking at gopher images - they are so cute. And...don't they have a right to be here too? Or maybe not here, but perhaps in someone else's yard? So...the purchasing of underground buzzers and tubes and red pepper and everything that seems pretty much humane. Then the search - that says, how about underground firecrackers, poison, traps, etc. Oh no--I can't do that. So...here he is - the subterranean gopher. Maybe, if immortalized in art, he'll leave for more peaceful digs elsewhere.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahah i love this! Adorable, can't wait to see the finish product :D

vdelgado said...

wow! i love it just the way it is! this is an angle i have not seen yet!

MiladyMerr - Mary said...

I think this is quite the cute little gopher and I see no reason to touch up or do anything more with it. :)
Although I must admit, they do get quite annoying when all they do is dig up your yard.

Indigene said...

You've made this so cute, but I know the nightmares they can cause! Good luck!

Laurel said...

I love this gopher. I am very torn about these little critters. You give them an inch and they take a mile. Your illustration makes them even more sympathetic.